_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

B-day

I had a pretty good birthday yesterday. Months ago, when I first realized that I would be here for my birthday, I resigned myself to the fact that it would be pretty underwhelming since we'd still all be in orientation and just getting to know one another. But birthdays came up last week sometime, and a few of my classmates remembered and passed the word around -- most people in my class wished me happy birthday at some point during the day, which was nice, if a little silly after a while.

Also, about 8 of us went out to Brewer's Art in honor of my birthday, where they bought me a couple drinks. When we got home, my housemate John and his girlfriend had bought some pizza and a birthday cake. Anyway, I was very impressed that anyone would want to do anything for my birthday considering that we all met a little more than a week ago.

Incidentally, it's Nina's birthday today (she's another first-year), and she's also turning 25, meaning she was born the day after me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated) Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Woooooo!! I'm glad it was a success (and sorry that I didn't get anything suitable in the mail in time).

I'm enjoying reading your tales, despite rarely commenting. It's interesting hearing different people's stories of the beginning of grad school.