_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Paris, Lyon, now Barcelona

Trip's been great so far. The weather was unsettled (frequent bouts of rain) in France, but Paris and Lyon were still excellent. I ate a transcendent brioche in Paris, and also consumed nine crepes in a little more than four days.

The trains have been really cool, too. I have a soft spot for them, and riding the high-speed Eurostar and TGV trains is thrilling. The ride down to Barcelona last evening was really pretty, too, since it was along the mountainous Mediterranean coast. Barcelona seems really vibrant so far, and I've got a full week to explore -- Reed leaves Monday, and Kat gets here Tuesday. It appears to be a good bicyling city, so I think I going to rent a bike the day I'm by myself.

This internet cafe isn't the best place to upload photos, which makes for a boring post, but I'll probably just do that upon return home...

No comments: