_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas weather

I had a good Christmas -- took the whole week off from work, so I was in Connecticut the whole time.

One good aspect of my holiday was that I got a dose of seasonal weather. Although the snow had already fallen when I got there, it was good and wintery for the first couple days. Davin (fresh from balmy Colombia) and I even had to push the car up the driveway while Dad whirred the tires.

I was particularly thrilled to do some sledding. My parents live on Fire Tower Road, so named because it leads to what was once the site of a fire tower at the top of the (small) mountain. The neighbors 3/4 of a mile up the hill had plowed, but not salted or sanded, so the surface of the road was packed snow and ice. Davin and I took several runs, walking up to the top and sledding down. Here we are before heading down:


I arrived in DC this afternoon to temperatures in the upper 60s. It was nice -- I took a bike ride -- but sort of disorienting.

No comments: