- Davin came to visit last weekend, prior to his move to South America. I failed to take any proper pictures, but did snap one on my phone when we hiked Old Rag.
- After great disappointment at not getting tickets for LCD Soundsystem's farewell show at Madison Square Garden last spring, I have to say I'm pretty pumped to see the film that was made about it, Shut Up and Play the Hits.
- I've restarted my Potluck Initiative this winter, and have been reminded how nice it is to have people over for dinner.
- I was proud of installing this lamp in my apartment on my own. (To be clear, there was a different lamp there before, so it's not like I did any real electrical work.) I also fixed the leaky shower, but I'm debating whether replacing the leaky kitchen faucet is within my ability.
- Relatedly, after complaining bitterly for years about my mother's unwillingness to turn on the heat, I have said to myself more than once this winter that "52 degrees isn't so bad if you put on a hat." (But much of the winter has felt more like spring.)
- I got to go in an abandoned underground trolley station here in DC yesterday. I'll do a separate post about it later, but it was pretty awesome.
Heading to Greensboro this weekend (via train!) to visit Matt and Risa (and the local Mountain Goat population), which should be great.