_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Small Worlds, Again

A few times I've posted about coincidences involving people I have some sort of connection to showing up in unexpected places. I've also explained that I realize this is not as improbable as it always seems.

Still, I find this sort of thing really striking when it happens, as it did again this past weekend. April, a grad school classmate, shared a house with me in Baltimore. She spent last year in Tanzania working at a home for street kids, but she has now moved to DC; she's living with a roommate she met while they were both working in Tanzania. On Friday there was a happy hour, in part to welcome her back, and her new roommate came along -- she turns out to be Beth H., who lived in the room next to me in my sophomore year of college. Dang.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to the doctor yesterday for only the second time since I've been here in DC (the other time was in September). And I'm a person who recognizes faces, so about 20 minutes into my wait in the waiting room, this girl and her dad (I assume) came in -- and they had been in the same office the only other time I was there in the fall! I'm there 2 hours over the course of like 6 months and they're there both times? Too crazy...