_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sneakers and Ironing

My old sneakers are old -- I got them my senior year of high school, more than 9 years ago. I've had a couple pairs since then that have done part-time duty, but these have always been my go-to sneakers. Now, however, my trusty Adidas can go into semi-retirement.

On a different subject, I brought my ironing board (the tabletop variety) and iron to work today. When I rolled up to the garage entrance at work with the board sticking out of my bike basket, the security guard cracked an amused smile and asked, "An ironing board?" The other two security guards came over to look, too; "Now you can iron while you bike!" said the landscaping guy from across the shrubbery. I somewhat furtively brought it upstairs, but I don't think anyone noticed. The ironing equipment will help me better maintain a crisp, professional appearance while bike commuting and leaving all my work clothes at the office. I did some ironing at my desk before leaving today, and it was a weird and hilarious feeling.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've come so far since that day in Davis when you ironed your first shirt...

Teague said...

I still chuckle about that from time to time. Even if my ironing skillz still have some room for improvement, I am definitely now very proficient at diagnosing when a shirt needs ironing.