_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday, August 14, 2009

In Brooklyn

I'm in NYC for the weekend, staying with Alex. But he's at work today, so I'm biking around -- I brought my folding bike with me, and it's really cool to have a bike in the city. (Last night it took me less time to bike from Penn Station to Astoria than it usually does to take the subway there.)

Anyway, I went down to Doughnut Plant this morning (white peach raised and banana walnut cake), and then around Brooklyn. I'm in Prospect Park at the moment, and miraculously ran across an Animal Collective sound check for a show tonight. It's not as good as actually seeing the show, but I got to hear a couple songs -- they just played "Guys Eyes."

And while I was standing here, a woman walked by holding an iguana over her head, which she would periodically bring down in front of her face to talk to. As she came close enough for me to hear, she said "You're such a good boy," and brought its head to her mouth to give it a slobbery kiss, as some people do to their dogs (this being an iguana, the was presumably not much reciprocal slobber).

No comments: