_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Friday, March 09, 2012

Blinky lives!


I was riding downhill on 16th Street this evening in the 70-degree (!) weather when I hit a pretty big rut in the pavement. I heard something fall, and turned my head just in time to see my rear blinker light smash on the pavement, the several pieces of it scattering across a lane of traffic. Crap. Those suckers cost about $30, and I don't want to take the time to go find a new one.

I doubled back on the sidewalk at the next intersection; a passing jogger said "Bummer, dude." Figuring I'd pick up the pieces and salvage the two AAA batteries, I dashed out to grab them during a break in traffic. Strangely, none of them appeared to have been run over. And when I put them back together, it worked! It's a blinky miracle.

No comments: