_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Songs of the Moment (An Occasional Feature)

> Sufjan Stevens - For the Widows in Paradise, For the Fatherless in Ypsilanti
Damn, I cannot believe how good Sufjan is.
> The National - All the Wine [mp3]
> The Decemberists - Yankee Bayonet (I Will Be Home Then)
This album is great, and they're in town next month.
> Spoon - My Little Japanese Cigarette Case [mp3]
> Superchunk - Why Do You Have to Put a Date on Everything
> Wolf Parade - I'll Believe in Anything [YouTube]
> Arcade Fire - Keep the Car Running

I'm taking Friday off and heading up to NYC this coming weekend. Alex got us tickets to see a concert featuring LCD Soundsystem, Arcade Fire, Les Savy Fav and Blonde Redhead -- given that the first three all appear on my list of favorite artists, I'm pretty pumped.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That should be a good show! I saw the first two a week ago when they were in town, and even though it was down in the valley at a crappy way-too-large venue, it was a great show.

Teague said...

You say "the first two"...does that mean you went two nights in a row? I know here in DC they're playing both "The Long of It" and "The Short of It" shows, featuring their epic and poppy songs, respectively -- so did you go to one of each? I have tickets for "The Long of It"...

As an added bonus, Laura Veirs, the Carleton alum, is opening for them.

Teague said...

Ah, I realized after I posted that comment that you were talking about LCD Soundsystem and Arcade Fire, not the Decemberists...anyway, yes, I'm really looking forward to the show.