_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Small Worlds, Orbiting

In a continuing series, I post about weird coincidences having to do with who knows who.

The scene: Our work kickball team, The Watchdogs, had its first game this evening. (It tells you something about the priorities of the kickball crowd that each league has its own designated post-game bar.) At the bar, I was talking to Brad and Jeff, who I'd not met before, and the topic of conversation was odd coincidences, like Jeff running into a friend at the British Museum. I tell my story about two friends from Carleton and Baltimore who managed to meet each other in Tanzania and become roommates in DC.

At which point Jeff says "Hold on, where'd you go to college? I think I might know who you're talking about." And it turns out he had dated one of them for a time. After that, there's really not anything else to say in a conversation about weird coincidences.

2 comments:

Andy said...

21 posts in the month of April! I felt like Note to self: had new content every time I refreshed the old RSS reader, and indeed you've set a personal record. Well done.

Teague said...

Thanks, Andy. I am gratified to see that you took the time to check that I had set a personal blogging record. And April hath only 30 days!