_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Carving

Hope you had a sufficiently spooky Halloween. Here's my jack-o-lantern, which looks suspiciously like last year's:

I had folks over on Thursday for carving, but it was BYOP, and Catherine couldn't find a P, so she carved an acorn squash instead. Makes a nice black cat:

I also carved the giant zucchini that I had previously mentioned finding in the garden:

Seems like it could be one of Strongbad's friends, maybe Marzipan's sister.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the zucchini. I feel like it should have its own children's television show. Perhaps a spooky version of Vegitales.

Teague said...

Heh, thanks. I think the swooping curve of the zucchini makes it look a lot more animated than it otherwise would...

Matthew said...

I'll second the awesomeness of the zucchini. There's really nothing better you could do with a zucchini that size. I think you need to add the word "nostrils" to this post so that you strengthen your hold on the top nostrils-jack-o-lantern Google rank (although maybe linking to the previous post accomplishes the same thing?).

Frances said...

Logistical question: how did you clean out the zucchini? Through the mouth, or did you cut off the top and invisibly put it back on again? Nice work, either way!