_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving recap

I know you're waiting for the Thanksgiving post-game recap -- first, a bite of turkey, followed by complementary cranberry sauce...choosing salad for the third bite was an error, should have waited until further through the savory items...

Anyway, I had a great TG (as my mother refers to it in email communications) weekend. Nice to see the family, although Davin doesn't return from Colombia until just before Christmas. While there was a smaller-than-usual group at my parents' house this year, we had the customary large surplus of food, good for several subsequent days of meals revolving around refrigerator rummaging and the microwave.

I helped Dad out a bit with the deck he's building, as can be seen below. We were going to work a bit more before I left this morning, but were thwarted by sleet and big fat snowflakes.


Through a quirk of Amtrak pricing, I reserved a return trip on the spiffy Acela Express for only several bucks more than the regular train. It was spiffy, though not much faster, especially after we got stuck behind another train for the last part of the trip. Fortunately the luggage sniffing dogs I encountered on my way to CT weren't there, or they might have demanded to examine the left-over turkey and stuffing I had stowed in my carryon.

No comments: