_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Spring

The weather was incredible in DC this weekend...high 50s yesterday, around 70 today.

The frisbee game I usually go to on Sundays was moved to an astroturf field to give our muddy regular one a rest. Running on the fake grass in the freakishly warm weather (after temps in the 20s a few days before) made it all sort of surreal.


This was also the first weekend in a while when I've done much purely recreational cycling. (Though I do maintain that every time I go somewhere on my bike, it's both functional and recreational.) Yesterday, I went on a ride with Aron up to Bethesda via Rock Creek Parkway and the Capital Crescent Trail. Later, while out picking up a new Craigslist DVD player, my rear shifter cable broke. After consultation with the folks at the bike shop, I replaced it myself. This felt like an accomplishment, even though it's really quite easy. My bike maintenance skillz are improving! (The progression is something like: pump up tire > lube chain > replace brake pads > fix flat tire > grease squeaky parts > replace pedal > replace shifter cable.)

No comments: