_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Live shot

In this YouTube clip from the BBC's Later...with Jools Holland, LCD Soundsystem give a blistering performance of All My Friends. But I was also struck by how well shot and cut the video is, especially for a live show. This is pretty much all they do at Later, so they ought to be good at it, and they appear to have about 20 cameras, which helps. Still, I found it impressive. There might be a bit too much cutting for some people's taste, but note how nicely the cutting crescendos along with the song...



(Sorry, I've been watching a lot of music stuff on YouTube over the past few weeks, I'll post about other things soon, I swear.)

2 comments:

Quigliscious said...

I don't usually like LCD Soundsystem that much, but this was pretty damn good. You're right, the style of the video totally added energy and brought out emotion in the song. I wonder if I'd like the song as much without the video...

Teague said...

It's a bit surprising how good they are live -- they seem like they'd be one of those bands that wouldn't translate well. But I saw them at a big outdoor show in NYC a while back, and they were very good. I remember specifically liking All My Friends, which also happens to be a great, great song to begin with...