_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Post-storm recap

I promise that I will move on to other topics besides the weather, but permit me one more post about the snowstorms.

Steve saw this NBC Nightly News piece about how people a few blocks south of us were coping with the snowfall:

The local Giant makes a cameo. (Though I would note that when I went on Friday night, there were still no eggs to be had in the whole store.)

The city sent a Bobcat to dig out our street on Friday, and it resulted it this very impressive 6-foot snow bank in front of the house:


My bike has been hibernating at work for more than a week. Steve points out that despite the reduced street widths, the pavement is bare on major streets, and biking is now easier than walking; I'm looking forward to riding it home from work on Tuesday.

1 comment:

eric said...

It's been great reading about the storm(s) from a first-person account. I hope your co-worker from the LA office got her fill of snow -- it sure was quite the storm to start with!