_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Monday, August 11, 2008

Obligatory gushing

So, I've had my iPhone for going on a couple weeks. I will refrain from continually talking about it in the future, but this thing is amazing. Look at it -- several years ago, I would have been amazed if anyone had fit just the very nice screen into a package that small. But it also happens to have a phone, GPS, fast internet over 3G or WiFi, a video iPod, 16 gigs of storage, and a very impressive touch-based operating system.


It was great to have while out of town last week. On a day-to-day basis, the best thing about it is the ability to get my email and look things up on the internet wherever I am. However, the applications you can download are also pretty neat, like the one that will pick out restaurants near my current location. I can only imagine what creative developers will do in the future with a device that knows where it is, has access to everything on the internet, has a big touch screen and audio, and is with its user all the time. Given the quantity of stuff that's being created just for the iPhone, seems like Apple has a pretty good shot at dominating the entire upper half of the cell phone market.

Anyway, if you call, email, instant message or text me (or even leave a comment on this blog), I'll pretty much get it right away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

quick what was the lag time on receiving this message!

Teague said...

30 mins or so...the responding not as fast, though. I feel privileged to get a blog comment all the way from Colombia...