_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Little houses hit the big time

A while back, I wrote about how infatuated I was with the idea of the tiny houses made by the Tumbleweed Tiny House Company. I had heard about them in a New York Times article a couple years back, but they've gone and written another one, this time assessing if the cultural moment of the tiny house has arrived. People are certainly interested in one way or another, as it's on the most-emailed list.

(Weird side-note: The article references the book “Little House on a Small Planet (Lyons Press, 2006)." Lyons, of course, is my last name. Lyons Press, an imprint of Globe Pequot Press, is based in Guilford, CT...which is my hometown. Sadly, I have nothing to do with the Press, and am not heir to a publishing fortune. But it seems like they should have some sort of obligation to publish my Great American Novel.)

No comments: